Hybrid Racing Performance Shifter Cable Bushings | Honda Civic FK2 / FK7 / FK8
Pickup available at Dream Automotive
Usually ready in 24 hours
The Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushings are a cost-effective, simple way to add that crisp feel that you associate with a solid feeling shifter. Don't be fooled into thinking that all shifter cable bushings are created equal. Many companies make the mistake of assuming both bushings used in stock shifter cables can be replaced with solid metal or Delrin bushing. However, this is not the case. Honda uses rubber bushings in their cables because it's a cost-effective way to allow 2-degrees of freedom. A solid metal or Delrin bushing allows only 1-degree of freedom. Generally speaking, eliminating a degree of freedom in the bushings translates into more effort required to shift and the potential to bend and ruin your shifter cables.
That's why the Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushing incorporates a chrome-plated steel spherical bearing into their shifter bushings. This bearing gives a crisp, notchy feel you expect from shifter bushings without the extra effort required to shift, like other brands of bushings. All shifter bushings are supplied with spiral retaining rings to hold them into the cables, along with stainless steel cotter pins to hold the cables to the transmission. The bushings are constructed from 6061 aluminum and are black anodized, for added protection from corrosion.
- Replace rubber bushing with 6061 Aluminum.
- Black Anodized and Laser Etched Finish.
- Chrome-Plated Steel Spherical Bearing.
- Installs in less than 30min.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- 2X Spiral Retaining Spring
- 2X Stainless Steel Cotter Pins
- 2X Shifter Cable Bushings
- 2007-2011 Honda Civic 5spd & 6spd MT (all models)
- 2012-2015 Honda Civic 6spd MT (all models)
- 2016-2020 Honda Civic 6spd MT (all models)
- 2010-2016 Honda CR-Z 6spd MT
- 2009-2014 Acura TL MT (Includes AWD)
- 2009-2014 Acura TSX MT
Dream Automotive offers in-house fitting on all products at our workshop in Luton, Bedfordshire.