Airtec Motorsport Front Mount Intercooler With Big Boost Pipe Kit | Honda Civic Type R | FK2 2.0T K20C1 | 2015-2016
Introducing the new AIRTEC front mount intercooler upgrade with Big Boost Pipe Kit for the Honda Civic Type R FK2. This freer flowing front mount intercooler set up is a direct replacement for the much smaller, and more restrictive, OEM set up.
Dyno proven back-to-back testing showed a huge reduction in charge temps over standard (see below). Despite its much greater surface area and volume, the AIRTEC intercooler upgrade fits neatly behind the original front bumper and requires no additional drilling or cutting.
The comprehensive fitting kit includes silicone hose connectors for an easy fit, all the correct fixings and full instructions.
Test results were taken at AmD Rolling Road showing charge temps before and after the OEM intercooler and the AIRTEC upgrade. (Tested on Dream Automotive’s FK2 demo car).
- OEM intercooler IN – 131 | OUT – 60
- AIRTEC intercooler IN – 117 | OUT – 16
- OEM intercooler IN – 134 | OUT – 62
- AIRTEC intercooler IN – 107 | OUT – 17
- OEM intercooler IN – 132 | OUT – 58
- AIRTEC intercooler IN – 120 | OUT – 18
- 60mm to 100mm two-step core design
- Handcrafted free flowing end tanks
- Lower alloy air scoop
- Direct fit with no additional drilling or cutting required.
- Available in a choice of either Natural Silver or Pro-Series Black core finishes, with or without the AIRTEC logo (Dream logo in white, red or silver, also available by choosing 'No Airtec Logo' and adding a note at checkout).
- Height 370mm
- Core thickness 60mm / 100mm (Stepped design)
- Width approx. 1000mm (Including end tanks)
- Outlet size 63mm
- Honda Civic Type R | FK2 2.0T K20C1 | 2015-2016
Dream Automotive offers in-house fitting on all products at our workshop in Luton, Bedfordshire. Here are the important things you need to know:
- Fitting Cost - £180
- Fitting Time - 3 Hours
- Required Additional Items/Services - No additional items or services needed.
- Dream Automotive Recommends - No additional recommendations.
3-5 Days (2-4 Weeks for Frozen White & Grey hoses)