Acuity Instruments | Short Throw Adapter | Honda Civic | 10th Gen Sport/Si Only
Shorter Throw, Less Play, Stiffer Feel:
Refining your Civic's shifting system is a great way to add a sporty feel that will put a smile on your face every time you go for a drive. The ACUITY Short Throw Adapter for the 10th Gen Honda Civic can be appreciated as much during street driving as at the track. The Short Throw Adapter reduces the mechanical advantage of the shifter to provide shorter, stiffer gear throws. The extender is turned and milled from 300 series stainless steel, making it strong and extremely corrosion resistant. Acuity's unique clamping design ensures the extender will stay fastened, even with a modest amount of torque.
By reducing the throw at the shifter, you are effectively reducing the play in the shifter cables by the same amount you are reducing throw. When the throw is reduced at the transmission, the play from the cables remains the same while the throw is reduced. This was the primary motivation for Acuity's choice to make a short throw adapter that fits to the shifter.
- On the Civic Sport models, this Short Throw Adapter will reduce gear throw by approximately 26% from stock. Effectively, the OEM Sport Throw is 35% longer than it will be after installing the Acuity Short Throw Adapter.
- On the Civic Si, this Short Throw Adapter will reduce gear throw by approximately 24% from stock. Effectively, the OEM Si Throw is 32% longer than it will be after installing the Acuity Short Throw Adapter.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Each kit includes an alcohol wipe and grease packet so the spherical joint can be cleaned and re-greased before installation.
- 2016+ Honda Civic (All 6MT, except Civic Type R FK2/FK8)
- 2017+ Honda Civic Si (FC1/FC3)
This Short Throw Adapter is not recommended for use with the Civic Type R FK2/FK8 shifter due to excessive shifter cable angle when used together.
Dream Automotive offers in-house fitting on all products at our workshop in Bushey, Hertfordshire. Here are the important things you need to know:
- Fitting Cost - £60
- Fitting Time - 1 Hours
- Required Additional Items/Services - No additional items or services needed.
- Dream Automotive Recommends - This pairs very well with Acuity's Shifter Base Bushings (1914), Shifter Centering Spring Upgrade (1918), and Shifter Rocker Upgrade (1922).
- Installation Guide
Shifter-mounted short throw adapters, regardless of brand, tend to cause the shifter to make a slight "click" noise when engaging even gears and reverse. There is a simple, cost-effective solution to this that involves drilling of the stock plastic shifter and installation of two zip ties. The video detailing the source of the noise and the solution is below. Skipping this step will not cause problems other than a possible audible click during shifts into even gears. This solution will also work with any other brand of short shifter for the 10th Civic that mounts to the shifter itself.