HKS Hipermax MAX IV SP Coilover Kit With Optional Suspension Error Canceler | Honda Civic Type R | FK8 2.0T K20C1 | 2017+
The Hipermax IV SP brings a suitable damper setting that reduces unnecessary movement in sports use, which also improves drivability and creates more grip on tires with fast response in cornering. Increasing spring rate reduces the body roll, and the single tube inverted type provides sharp and direct handling. The camber adjustable pillow upper for the front side and original upper mount design for the rear side. The separated type of spring for the rear side utilizes the direct coil spring with selected rate.
The optional Suspension Error Canceller available with this package cancels the dashboard error message that appears when the stock suspension is removed.
- Single Tube Damper Design - Monotube dampers allow for more accurate and stable control and adjustment of dampening. Lower ride height and centre of gravity gives a more stable ride. The single tube inverted type for the front side, instead of the shock body length adjustable type, inserting the cylinder into the knuckle insertion achieves high rigidity and secures the stroke quantity that cannot be provided by a shock body length adjustable type. For the rear, the Single Tube Shock Body Length Adjustable Type High-strength billet aluminium bracket reduces the unsprung weight. This single tube shock absorber with a large-diameter piston provides comfortable riding quality without unpleasant upthrust feeling. A high level of ride quality and handling are provided.
- Dust Boot - Protect the shaft from the flying stones.
- PNE Coating - Using this special surface coating provides 5 times better durability over standard galvanising. This prevents build-up around the threads of the adjustment areas allowing for easier height adjustment.
- M Shaft (Φ46 normal type) - With the new design of cylinder shaft since the HIPERMAX M-1, MAX IV increased the cylinder shaft size to have a firm damping even at a little stroke range by optimizing the oil pressure characteristic. We mainly adopted this to the rear damper that can have a better driving experience.
Pillow Ball Upper Mount - Camber adjustable pillow upper is installed to the front side. The camber can be adjusted according to the tire size and/or
driving conditions for more accurate and sharp steering.
- New Design Needle - Newly designed needle has been used to revise the very low speed and middle and high-speed dampening which is key to a comfortable ride.
- Reduction of Unsprung Weight - In order to reduce unsprung weight, bracket, ride height adjusters and lock nuts are made from aluminium. (Not for all vehicles)
- 30 Step Damping Force Adjustment - 30 levels of dampening adjustment allow fine tune adjustment for street, circuit, winding roads, highway, or the weight of the vehicle. For track day use HKS recommends dial position 12 for the front and 10 for the rear.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Honda Civic Type R | FK8 2.0T K20C1 | 2017+
Dream Automotive offers in-house fitting on all products at our workshop in Bushey, Hertfordshire. Here are the important things you need to know:
- Fitting Cost - £
- Fitting Time - Hours
- Required Additional Items/Services - No additional items or services needed.
- Dream Automotive Recommends - No additional recommendations.