AP Racing Pro 5000 R Radi-CAL 'Essex Designed' Competition Brake Kit | Honda Civic Type R | FK2/FK8 2.0T K20C1 | 2015+
Essex Designed AP Racing Pro 5000 R Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit is designed and tested specifically for track day enthusiasts and for drivers who demand the utmost performance from their cars. These kits offer superlative performance for both normal driving and demanding track day sessions.
The CP9660 and CP9668 calipers share many similarities, including a close visual resemblance. Both are forged, two-piece designs with a removable bridge for quick and simple pad changes. They share the same ventilated stainless steel, domed-back pistons with anti-knockback springs, and high temperature, low drag internal piston seals. Piston bore sizes are the same (27mm x 2, 31.8mm x 2, 38.1mm x 2) and both calipers have a hard anodized finish. They also feature internal fluid porting that eliminates an external fluid crossover pipe, and they each have only two inner, and no outer, bleed screws. The two designs also use the same pad backing plate shape, and share the same 180mm mounting centers and 42mm mounting offset on the inner caliper halves. They run on discs of similar size, but that's where the two designs diverge a bit.
The primary difference between the CP9660 and CP9668 is width. Even though the mounting offset on both calipers is the same (making them interchangeable on the same disc), both halves of the CP9660 are narrower than those of the CP9668. When installed on the same disc as the CP9660, the CP9668 will sit 11mm further inboard, while also extending 14mm further outward towards the wheel spokes.
The additional width of the CP9668 increases unsprung weight, but was implemented to allow for a thicker brake pad to extend pad life. The CP9668 leverages a 25mm thick pad, while the CP9660 accepts an 18mm thick pad (standard OEM pads approx. 12mm).
Essex Designed Pad Tension Blocks are precision machined from billet aluminium, hard anodized, and topped with a heat-treated stainless steel spring. These anti-rattle blocks install in place of the original pad retention blocks in AP Racing's CP9660/CP9668 calipers. They place a small amount of tension on the top of the pad, substantially decreasing its movement inside the caliper. Included in each Pad Tension Kit are four pad tension blocks, which is enough for two AP Racing calipers.
- DS2500 (Fast Road/ Light Track) - Although we always recommend using a dedicated race pad for the track, the DS2500 is one of the best hybrid street/track pads on the market. It features the moderately high bite and solid fade resistance of a track pad, with the relatively low dust and noise levels of a street pad. When used as a street pad, it can produce some squeal on certain vehicle platforms. During aggressive driving the DS2500 is known for its flat torque curve, which means as temperatures go up, the response through the brake pedal remains consistent.
- DS1.11 (Track) - One of Ferodo Racing's latest endurance race pad offerings. It has slightly less bite at high temps. vs their older DS3000, but doesn't decompose nearly as quickly under extended heavy use on the track. The DS1.11 is known for its extremely flat torque curve, which means that as temperatures go up, the response through the brake pedal remains consistent. The DS1.11 can be thrashed all day without having it burn up or fade, it's easy on discs, and doesn't have many of the judder or vibration issues that competing products have. If you want an extremely solid, all around race pad that will perform well and last a long time, the DS1.11 is the perfect choice.
- DSUNO (Track) - Ferodo Racing has made great strides in pad development over the past few years, and DSUNO is their latest offering. For customers who enjoy the performance of the DS1.11, but just want a little more bite, we recommend the DSUNO. It doesn't wear quite as well as the DS1.11, but it does offer a higher overall mu once it reaches track temperatures.
- AP Racing Pro 5000 R Radi-CAL CP9660/CP9668 6 piston asymmetric forged two-piece aluminium alloy body with high-temperature inner pressure seals & dust boots.
- Stainless steel pistons
- 4lb anti-knockback springs
- Stainless steel wear plates
- 355mm x 32mm, 72 vane AP Racing 2-piece floating J Hook discs
- Spiegler stainless steel braided brake lines
- CNC billet caliper adapters & mounting hardware
- Saves 5 unsprung lbs. from nose vs. OEM brakes
- Every component designed to resist the heat of extended track sessions
- Pistons sized properly to allow for seamless integration with OEM master cylinder and ABS system.
- Designed to work with OEM rear brakes
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Calipers (2)
- Discs (2)
- Essex pad tensioners (optional)
- Brake pads (optional)
- Metal-braided hoses
- CNC billet caliper adapters & mounting hardware
- Honda Civic Type R | FK2 2.0T K20C1 | 2015-2016
- Honda Civic Type R | FK8 2.0T K20C1 | 2017+
Dream Automotive offers in-house fitting on all products at our workshop in Bushey, Hertfordshire. Here are the important things you need to know:
- Fitting Cost -
- Fitting Time -
- Required Additional Items/Services - No additional items or services needed.
- Dream Automotive Recommends - No additional recommendations.